To recap what we discussed during class (and to aid those who are not in my class or missed the session), these are key points for preparing successfully for class discussions:
- Read the assignment before class and write down any questions you may have about it.
- Ask questions based on critical thinking skills:
- How can I use this information?
- How does this information compare with what I already know about the topic?
- What ideas, concepts, or points of view from the reading did you not understand?
- What is the source of the material?
- Is the material fact or opinion?
- What is the author’s purpose? Is the author biased?
- Has relevant and sufficient evidence been provided?