—Booker T. Washington
To recap what we discussed during class (and to aid those who are not in my class or missed the session), these are key points for successful studying:
• Study in a place that has minimal distractions.
• Stay healthy and relaxed.
• Attend each class.
• Take notes during class and on each assigned reading.
• Reflect upon your habits and routines. Accentuate those habits that will help you be successful in
college and try to eliminate those habits that will hinder your success.
• Seek help from your professors and/or the learning center when you need it
• Maintain a positive attitude.
• Complete assignments on time and to the best of your ability.
• Develop ways to manage your time well.
• Prioritize your most important projects, assignments, and activities.
• Avoid waiting until the last minute to complete assignments.
• Try to balance your academic work, extracurricular activities, and personal commitments.
• Be organized. Organize your study space, desk, planner, and notebooks and binders.
• Stay focused while studying, during class, and as you are taking exams.